Sunday, August 11, 2013

Forest / Camping Classroom Pics

Wow!  My husband, daughter and I have spend the last three LOOOONNNGGG days working in my classroom.  We go back tomorrow for training, officially on Thursday, Kindergarten Orientation next Friday and then our new cuties arrive on Monday the 19th.

I am moving into a new classroom this year so I had to start from scratch.  I wanted to get it done as soon as possible because next Saturday is our 17 year Anniversary and I didn't want to set foot in my classroom next weekend!

When we got the key on Friday it was just a portable classroom with grayish/beige walls and cabinets, that weren't quite finished.  Well, there was a big pile of furniture in the middle of the room and a Smartboard on the wall, but that was about it.

My husband was the most amazing, wonderful man of all time and spent all three of his days off, in my room helping me get the walls done and things moved in.

Here is what it looked like on Friday afternoon after we drug everything from my dining room back to the school and into my new classroom.  Sadly, since the cabinets were not finished on the inside and I could not put anything in them yet.



We are almost finished, but are DONE for this weekend.


This is my Calendar / Morning Meeting Wall.  
I am going to put adorable birds with our High Frequency Words on the tree.

This is my front wall.  Board for Writers Workshop, Smartboard, whiteboard.

Forest Themed Alphabet
Which can be found on my TPT store HERE.
(Sorry about the glare)

My Guided Reading / Small Group Table

Here is a close-up of my Reading Strategies Posters that you can find on my TPT Store by clicking HERE.


This is my Monthly Goal Board  It isn't quite finished.  
But the students names will be on bears and they will move from cabin to cabin as they complete their monthly goals.

This River Rock colored patchwork is where I am going to publish my students writing from Writers Workshop.  I purchased Mrs. Jump & Mrs. Wills' Writing Through the Year and I am so excited to try it out.  You can check it out HERE.

This forest / campfire area is where I am going to do my read-alouds.  

This is the back of my room that isn't complete yet.  My computers and Writing Work Station, also from Mrs. Wills (AMAZING), will be.  If you are interested in the Writing Work Stations, you can find them HERE.

This is the door to my room.  This wall is also not complete.  I did put two of my camping signs here.  I put the hiking sign and the food sign, because this is where my students will pick up their lunch tickets or lunch boxes and line up for our hike to the cafeteria.

I wanted to share pics tonight, because the race really begins tomorrow.  I am not sure, when I will be able to blog and upload pics.  I hope you enjoyed a peek into my classroom.  I will try to post again when it all comes together.

Thanks for stopping by!
Krysti

No comments:

Post a Comment