Friday, August 2, 2013

Back to FULL TIME in my Woodsy themed classroom

This year I am going back into my own classroom full time.

 I have been job sharing for the last four years, and it has been a great experience.  My partner (the AMAZING Mrs. Eubanks) and I worked well together, and I have loved every second that I got to be at home with my daughter.  She is the reason that I wanted to job share.  We became parents in 2009, after a really long 13 year journey.  We brought our amazing girl home from China in May and by the end of July, I just knew that I couldn't go back to work full time that school year.  So, job sharing made it possible for me to have every other week off.  I have treasured that priceless time with my daughter!  Since my beautiful daughter is going to Kindergarten this year, I decided it would be the perfect time for me to go back to full-time.

To help ease some of my jitters about being on my own again, (and that fact that my girl will already be a Kindergartener), I have spent my summer planning my new classroom.  So, I have decided to go with a Camping / Forest / Woodland Animals theme.  I love having a theme and tying things all together with cuteness.  In my quest to plan, I have come across some really cool ideas on Pintrest that I really want to incorporate.

This first thing I saw, that I completely fell in love with was this Happy Camper Crunch!
You can find the party that it was originally posted to here.


 I am thinking about maybe having the little bags out at Kindergarten Orientation or Back to School Night.  Both of those seem like appropriate times to offer a treat.  Our district has not been overly strict about us giving edible rewards, but I have read about some that are.  So, I think I will stick to times when the parents are present and can decide if they want their cuties to have something sweet.

I have also been inspired by some ADORABLE clip art that I have found this summer.  My very favorite has to be Woodland Animals by Pixel Paper Prints. (Click the names to go to their Etsy store)


How could I not decide on a Woodland Animals theme with these cute faces inspiring me to create things for my classroom.  So, I have used these a lot this summer.

I was also inspired by a super cute little inflatable camp fire from Oriental Trading Company. (Click the names to go to their website)

I am going to create a little campfire corner for my morning meeting / calendar time.  

I have an insane amount of pins in a private Pintrest board of ideas for my theme this year.  I created a private board so that I wouldn't drive those who follow my pins over the edge with my woodsy obsession.    I will be able to get into my classroom around the 12th (Hopefully, since we start the school year on the 19th) and I will post pics of how things are coming along.  I am moving into a new portable classroom, and as of Monday, it was mostly still an empty shell with no cabinets and such.  Eeeek!

Thanks for stopping by!
Krysti







No comments:

Post a Comment