Friday, August 2, 2013

Camping / Forest / Woodland Themed Alphabet Set

In my quest to create a woodsy wonderland in my classroom, I have created a few things.  One of those things is my Alphabet Posters!  I have put them on my TPT in hopes that others will love them as much as I do.  This is the original set that I made, in Turquoise.  I will be using this set in my classroom!


I love how they turned out!  I had some serious brain stretching over the vowels.  Since, our district is going to Common Core Standards this year, and we now have to teach Long and Short Vowels sounds in Kindergarten.  We have previously only focused on Short Vowel sounds.  Finding ways to demonstrate both sounds, and stay in a woodsy theme, was tricky. 

When I decided to offer them on TPT, I thought I would give some other color options.  So far I have done a pink option and a tan option.  






So far, when I look at the statistics for these on TPT the Tan has been viewed the most.  

I created mine in turquoise, because I fell in love with the Dots on Turquoise borders from Creative Teaching Press.



Aren't they cute?  They also go great with some adorable birds I got to make a "HFW Tree".
They are called Tweeting Birds!


I was struggling with having too beige a room with not enough color and wanted to add the color in my borders.  I already loved the Dots on Turquoise set.  So, when I saw these cute birds, that matched the set perfectly I decided to commit to a color scheme.  I am going to throw in some brown owl cut outs too and make a High Frequency Word Tree.   We will add a couple new birds to the tree each week as I introduce new words.  

The trouble is, I can't find a big tree cut out that is appropriate.  I want it to be a Sequoia tree, since the school I teach at is called Sequoia.  I can only find leafy trees so far.  I may have to create one with paper.  Eeek!  I think I just got a great idea.  If I create my own, while my walls are still empty, I can make several and create a forest around my walls with some trees behind my bulletin boards and some in front.  Hmmm.... I sure hope my hubby is willing to help me.  

Thanks for stopping by!
Krysti



No comments:

Post a Comment